Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Back-To-School Post

My first day of school was Tuesday. Wow. I can't believe it. I'm a junior. This year holds many things for me. Graduation tests (although, if I've passed all my EOCT's, I don't have to take, and I have passed them), the SAT, my driver's liscence, Prom (if I decide to go), Homecoming (if I decide to go to this one, too), and the final year before my senior year in high school! Wow. I have a full year planned. I'm starting to look at colleges (I'm pretty sure I want to go to Georgia Southern) and I'm starting to think about a future career (I'm pretty sure I'm going to major in French and English). I'm siked. Getting back into the school mood has been rather easy. This year, I have 2 AP classes all year, so I have more homework than I did last year, but it's all good. I like the classes and the teachers and the work. I like all my teachers and classes. Okay, the Cat Lady Chemistry teacher could perhaps be a little more fun, but she's interesting and a bit different, so it's okay! She even has 5 kittens she's adopted in her classroom. They're really little, so she bottlefeeds them and lets us hold them before or towards the end of class if we get our work done (which really isn't a lot). I'm in Advanced Chorus this year, too. Pretty excited! I'm ready for challenging stuff (like one of Eric Whitacre's a capella pieces! Or maybe some of the old Masses!). Did I mention my brother and I are now at the same school? We don't really see each other, but next year we probably will more than we do now. He's a freshman. Wow. Is he really that old? Oh, school. Awesome classes and teachers and homework (no sarcasm intended) and knowledge to be attained! I've almost completed my first week of school. I'm exhausted, but learning and having fun. Of course God is here. Who do you think keeps me company in the 4 classes I don't know anyone? And at lunch. And before school. And on part of the bus ride home. And in betweeen classes. Of course I'm still keeping up that prayer life of mine; I wouldn't desert it for the world. It's been strange coming from a summer where the only place I heard a cuss word was in a movie to a school year where I commonly hear the "f-word" about 10 times within a 2 minute span of time. Let's not even get into all the other stuff at school. But I've got God, and, more importantly, God's got me. I'll be great. Wow. I love school.

No comments:

Post a Comment