Saturday, June 30, 2012

10 Months: June: Recap

So! Today is June 30th. Obviously. Month 1 of 10 completed. Wow. I can't believe it. It's really gone by fast. How time flies! While today ends the month of focus on purity, the yearning for a continually pure heart and soul will not. Tomorrow begins the focus on humility, and among other things, will include the addition of the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin. A HUGE thank you and shout out to "Mrs. Sally" for giving me her very own copy of it so that I could grow closer to Our Mother and to Christ. It really meant so much to me, and I will never forget her kindness and support. ♥

Now! Recap!

I think I've definitely learned A LOT. Basically, here's a list:


  • a deeper realization that God loves us
  • Our Mother cares for us, too. She is Our Mother, after all! 
  • Purity is not just of the body, but also the heart, soul, mind, and mouth. 
  • the Brown Scapular is amazing 
  • a deeper love for God and for Our Mother
  • the book of Tobit is fantastic
  • God speaks in many ways
  • listening helps 
  • Trust God. He's got this. 


Have I become a better person? I'll let those people around me (and God!) be the ultimate judges of that, but I think I have. I look at who I was in May, and I look at who I am now, and it's mind bottling. Have I really changed that much? I cannot wait to see who I am in April!

As I said, tomorrow begins my focus on humility. Which will definitely be interesting, because my 16th birthday is in July! It will also begin the untimely arrival of my decision to decide to start waking up at 9am in order to start getting back in gear for school, which reminds me, I have summer reading to complete. Yikes!

A tremendous thank you to everyone reading, supporting, and teaching me. I couldn't do it without you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment