Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ten Months: Month 2 Recap

I honestly cannot believe it's August. July flew by. I am 1/5th of the way into my journey. Now that the third month has begun, I am on the third virtue: obedience. This will definitely be interesting.

July really was quite wonderful. I added The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin into my life and said the Rosary more times I can count and tried to humble myself.

To be utterly honest with you, I am a very proud person. I don't know that it's a trait people see often, but I am. To be humble is very hard for me. Not in a "be kind and polite way" but rather in a "I deserve to be seen" way.

I do not think I have failed, but I do think I could have improved further. I guess it's good I have rest of my life to improve upon this.

Now that I am continuing on with obedience, I think being humbled more is definitely in my future.

July has been great though. Even if my humility didn't make a huge indentation in the month, my relationships with God and our Mother have flourished. I have grown so much closer to the both of them. I am so happy to know 120% that they are beside me always, especially during times that can be worrisome and unsettling.

I also turned 16 in July, so that was pretty great. So, now as I begin my month of obedience, here's a picture of Francois, the pet rock!

2 comments:

  1. First: Happy birthday! You and my brother are the same age! :)

    Second: Good luck on obedience. That's a tough virtue to accept and live.

    Third: Francois is utterly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! You have done such a good job keeping this up :)

    ReplyDelete